Monday, January 4, 2010

Too Much Math!



I have had this little book for so long, I have no idea when it first landed in my junk drawer.  Why did I keep it?  I'm not an engineer, math professor, scientist, math hobbyist (or fetishist), or belong to a profession that requires knowledge of complex mathematics.

Maybe I was always nervous I'd be unable to remember how to change Cartesian coordinates to spherical coordinates (and vice versa)?

Anyways, this book will be hitting a nearby thrift store very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Not so much Why? more like Pye 3.75 or whatever it is, whats that all about. I may have to pay homage to your site over on mine, cos I've got drawers and boxes full of crap, didn't realise how much until I went through some stuff this weekend. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nuzz! It makes parting with the stuff so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an equivalent book that I haven't been able to part with since high school (some 16 years ago). It's been in my "must go away" stack for months, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Thanks for giving me the extra push to let it go :)

    ReplyDelete